Basketball (Boys and Girls)
Students are taught the skills and rules of the game. Selected competitors would then compete in the yearly Interschool Basketball Championship. Additional activities like friendly matches are also included for a wholesome education.
- To develop all rounded athletes, skilled in the game of basketball with the right attitude towards work and play.
- To infuse school values of care, respect, integrity, responsibility, resilience and excellence in students.
- Talent Identified (Through selection trial session and during PE periods by PE teachers.)
- Skills, attitude and attendance (For competitive players)
Preparation for Training Sessions:
- Be dressed in PE attire.
- Bring along sports shoes / basketball shoes
- Bring a water bottle. (at least 1 litre bottle is recommended)
- Bring along a small face towel to clean perspiration.
- Do use a sports band to prevent spectacles from flying.
- Wear appropriate footwear with good ankle support.
- Remove jewellery and watches.
- Trim long fingernails.
- Drink sufficient water before, during and after training.
- Ensure that the court is dry.
- Ensure that the boundaries of the court are clear of spectators and belongings.