Home > General Info > School Rules
The school provides opportunities to recognise students for appropriate behaviour as part of our holistic education and our goal is to educate students how to develop self-discipline. Discipline in Pei Tong is an essential part of learning as well as the foundation to one’s growth and character development as an individual. Therefore, all Pei Tong students are expected to uphold the school rules and regulations indicated as follows:
A) General Conduct
- Students who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the pledge. Students will take the pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- All students should sing the school song with pride.
- Proper decorum must be observed during all school assemblies and functions.
B)Attendance and Punctuality
- Attendance in school is compulsory. Students are expected to attend school, classes, CCA and other school activities punctually and as required. Skipping CCA and other school activities without valid reasons will be treated as truancy.
- Absence from school activities must be substantiated by a medical certificate (MC). The MC must be submitted to the Form Teacher and CCA teacher-in-charge (where applicable) when the student returns to school.
- Letters from parents/guardians may be considered in cases where MCs are not applicable or relevant. However, this is not applicable during examinations.
- Students with valid long-term reasons to be excused from CCA and who have sought approval from Head of Department for CCA, will be issued an ‘Excused’ pass. This pass must be with the child before he/she is granted permission to leave the school premises during CCA hours.
- A student who is perpetually late for school without any valid reason will be penalised in his/her conduct grade.
- No students are to leave the school during school hours without permission.
- Students attending activities (including CCA) after
school are to have their lunch in school and should not leave the school
premises before their sessions.
C) School Property
should take care of the school property and premises. Defacing any school
equipment and façade is considered as vandalism.
D) Hazardous Items and Safety of Self & Others
- All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- Any object that may compromise the
safety of self and others should not be brought to school. Some examples include
metal ruler, sharp pointed object, cutter (pen-knife), matches, lighter and hazardous
chemical. Students found to be in possession of such items will have their
items confiscated. Confiscated items will only be returned to parents/guardians.
E) Classroom conduct
- Students must seek permission and obtain a classroom exit pass if there is a need to leave the classroom.
- Learning in the classroom should not be compromised. All behaviour displayed with the intent to disrupt the lesson will not be tolerated.
- Students should be considerate and show care and concern to others for example by not using vulgar language, threaten, bully, annoy, taunt or hurt others regardless of circumstances.
should not bring items that hinder or distract learning; e.g. toys and game
cards. Items will be confiscated if they are deemed to hinder learning.
F) Use of Electronics
- During school hours and CCA time, all mobile electronic gadgets (e.g. mobile phones, iPods, iPads, tablets or laptops, smart watches etc.) usage is restricted and should only be used under the direct teacher supervision for educational purposes.
- Students are only allowed to use
their mobile phones/smart watches at the area outside the General Office after school
hours. Misuse of the gadgets and infringement to the above can warrant the
device(s) to be confiscated by the school up to 2 weeks. Confiscated items can
only be returned to parents/guardians.
updated on 29 Dec 2017