Home > General Info > Safety and Security
Safety and Security
A caring and safe environment is important to enabling all students to have a positive school experience. The safety of our students is the joint responsibility of all.
A) Rules on Driving into the school
- Parents/Guardians are allowed to
drive in and alight their children/ward at the front porch only in the morning
up to 7:30am.
- For pick up at dismissal time, parents/guardians
are requested to park at the HDB carpark and pick up their children/ward near
the Brown Gate or Yellow Gate. Parents/Guardians can only drive in to pick up
their children/ward on rainy days, 30 minutes after dismissal time.
- Parents/Guardians are to observe the
speed limit of 15 km/h inside the school compound.
- Parents/Guardians are allowed to
drive in and pick up their children/ward who are unwell during school hours.
B) Advice to students walking to the school
- Students can enter the school either
by Orange Gate, Yellow Gate or Brown Gate in the morning on school days.
- Students should use the walkways and
cross the road only at the zebra crossing or traffic lights. They should
refrain from using mobile phone or electronic devices when crossing the road.
- In the school, students are not to walk
across the car park. They have to use the designated walkways.
C) Regulations/Rules on Travelling on school bus
- Students are to put on seat belts at
- Students are to follow safety instructions
by the bus attendant.
D) Policy on school visitation
- All walked-in visitors (including
parents/guardians) are to enter the school using the Orange Gate.
- Upon entry, visitors are to the
register at the Security Counter located at the foyer immediately. Security Passes
will be issued and these have to be prominently displayed at all times while
you are in the school compound.
- Unless authorised, visitors are not
allowed to park their vehicles in the school compound.
- For safety and security reasons and to
minimize disruption during lessons, parents/guardians are not allowed to enter
the teaching blocks at all times.
No parents/guardians, relatives or
any members of the public will be allowed to remain in the school compound at
all times without prior approval from the school.
E) Policy on students leaving the school compound before dismissal time
- Parents/Guardians who wish to take their children/ward home before dismissal time for any valid reasons must inform the teachers.
- Only parents, legal guardians,
domestic helper and authorised members above 18 year old, will be allowed to
fetch the child and they are required to sign out for the child in the Early
Dismissal Book at the General Office in person before leaving the school.
F) Medical Condition
- It is important for the school to be
updated with the latest medical conditions of our students where applicable. A
medical update form will be issued at the beginning of the year for
parents/guardians to update the school accordingly. Parents/guardians should
also update the school of any new medical condition throughout the year.
- If any child is down with infectious
diseases; e.g. chicken pox, HFMD, H1N1 etc., parents/guardians are to update
the school by calling the General Office so that follow up actions can be carried
out where necessary. Student should be certified fit for school before resuming
G) Insurance Coverage
- All students are covered under a basic insurance policy . Payouts of insurance are subjected to policy terms and conditions.
updated on 29 Dec 2017